Subheading

Now hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he sees?

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Why I Don't Use My Porch

The great outdoors, more or less.
I have a nice little porch, with a view to the nice little park across the street. I don't use my porch, despite having a perfectly good lawn chair and nowhere else to put it.  Here are my excuses:

  1. It's too hot outside;
  2. The view from my desk is just as good.  See above;
  3. The Bar; and most importantly:
  4. Shelob lives in the space between glass and screen.
Where's Sting when I need it?

2 comments:

  1. wow, thats a pretty horrific spider...

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. A sentiment which I feel flows from your un-use of your porch, rather than giving rise to it. Though it may be a positive feedback loop.
    2. I disagree, but I think you are being tongue-in-cheek.
    3. That's over now!
    4. What a magnificent specimen!

    The real prerequisites to porch enjoyment are companions to enjoy with. If there isn't a culture of going house to house and spending time together it's hard to get the ball rolling. But once rolling porch sitting is the good life.

    ReplyDelete